Work From Home Online
Most of us over 50s have decided to ride our current jobs to the end. But what happens if you receive the unexpected pink slip?
Do you have an idea of what jobs are out there available to you after 50? Do you want more flexibility/control? Would it be just ok with you to skip the commute?
These are all valid questions that face the over 50-year-old crowd trying to re-enter the job market.
One solution is to work from home online. There are many work-at-home and remote jobs to be had in today’s work market. Many companies are opting for remote workers to do the jobs that in the past were only done at the business facility.
If you have experience in one of these jobs from your prior experience, you could be in luck.
Businesses are seeing the lower costs of having contract and remote workers. Contract workers take care of their own taxes, while remote workers are still on the company payroll.
Some companies are opting for more part-time positions since there is no need for benefits for workers that don’t put in 40 hours a week. They sometimes pay part-time and/or lower wages as well so be informed when you apply.
So let’s have a look at 10 new careers after 50 and get some ideas:
1. One of the best and most freedom-friendly positions is the affiliate marketer. You have the option to work anywhere, set your own hours, sell your own niche, and do it all on your own timetable.
You have the advantage of not having to dress a particular way. You utilize social networks to grow your business as well as standard avenues like email, ads, etc.
Networking is a must for this position, so utilize all your current connections to help get your business out in front of the potential customer. Money is pretty much up to the affiliate marketer.
It all depends on how much you want to put in and how long you can do it before the money comes in. Many programs have 80-100% commissions on certain products so you can literally set your goals of how many people you need to sell products to in order to have income.
2. The next option is becoming a writer of one sort or another. There are literally so many kinds of writers that you might have a hard time deciding which niche to choose. Writing content for online businesses is a top 10 idea for the over 50 crowd.
If you have good grammar and spelling, can meet a deadline, follow instructions from the client, and find new and exciting ways to create a point, then this career might be worth a try.
3. This might be included in the one above but takes a certain expertise – grant writing. Many depend on grant writing to keep programs going and funded. It is a career that definitely is helping the client with very important funding requirements.
4. If you love to educate others, then becoming an online tutor might just be for you. There are many places in many countries looking for someone to help teach English as a second language.
They offer software to maintain the connection with the students and the students are usually grateful for your help.
5. Become an SEO specialist. SEO means search engine optimization. There are literally thousands of businesses that need help with SEO for their sites. Becoming an expert in this field is not only a “today’s kind of job,” but the money is good as well.
Helping businesses get their sites to rank on search engines takes knowledge of what the search engines are looking for and what they are looking at. Get in the know and you will be staying employed.
6. You can become a technical writer. Ever wonder who wrote the manual on your DVR? Technical writers take the very complicated material and put it into plain English for the general public. This can be a very satisfying position if you have expertise in certain technical fields or can learn those fields.
7. Get a remote customer service job. There are many companies looking for in- and outbound customer service reps that can work from home utilizing their software and creating great relationships between the customer and business. If you have worked in any kind of customer service position, you have worked here.
8. Be an email manager. Some companies use outside talent to take care of their email management. This includes creating, sending, and forwarding to appropriate individuals, answering customer questions, managing their lists, and making sales if necessary.
9. Personal Assistant is another job that has gone remote. There are many individuals that need assistance with scheduling, meeting management, answering calls, and much more. There is always a need for this type of position.
10. Finally, one of the top choices for at-home work and online employment is becoming a shipping and logistics specialist. There are many companies out there needing to outsource their company’s shipping. There are some really good places out there for more information on this fairly new niche.They have programs that help you make it happen and pay is pretty good for this one.
As you can see, there are many ways to earn a living online and working from home to make money after 50.
Most of these employers don’t even take age into consideration when filling the positions. They are only interested in if you can do the job and if you have the necessary equipment (fast computer, fast internet connection, printer, and scanner).
Another thing you can see, making money from home is becoming more widespread than you would have thought. According to Money Magazine, the job market has become suddenly “hot” for the over 50 workers. The latest data shows the unemployment rate for those over age 55 stands at just 3.6%, compared with 5% of the total population and a steep 16.4% for teens.
The ranks of the long-term unemployed, which ballooned during the recession as mature workers lost their jobs, are coming down.
So those are just 10 new careers after 50 and This a great time to be over 50 and looking for a job. Online work at home abounds and companies are looking for people with experience. Sell your age as a benefit!
>> If you want to create a successful business online you need a nice website, knowledge or education, and expert help.<<<
Getting Started In Online Business – Video
Wealthy Affiliate Review: $1600 Per Month From One Website With This Awesome Training!