Did you know that every year there are thousands of new untrustworthy sites added to the previous years rip-offs and the year before that!
There are way more traps online and off than we could ever possibly count accurately. The best way to stop scammers from taking advantage of you is to be aware of their tactics.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind. Memorize them if you can, so that you can avoid the many scammer traps that are set online and offline and keep yourself, your family and loved ones safe and well aware of the signs to watch out for.
Stay Alert and remember these things:
- If someone that you’ve never met face to face wants you to send money to them don’t do it!. It doesn’t matter the method, whether it be in a wire transfer, a prepaid debit card, or a gift card which is as good as cash and can’t be traced…So Don’t Do It!
2. When you get unsolicited emails don’t open the attachments or click on any links. Links can download malware onto your computer and steal all of your info, you could even become a victim of identity theft.
I’ve even gotten emails that were supposedly from my bank, asking me to update info or asking me to sign in to my account for some reason or another.
So be cautious even with emails that look familiar because they could be fakes.
3. As we just mentioned scammers can create official looking seals, fonts, and every other detail,
so that when you think you’re signing into your secure bank account online or some other account you could be about to line the pockets of a “professional” scammer.
They can send emails, texts, or popups online and fool almost anybody that’s not paying attention.
So it’s important to stop scammers and Not to believe everything you see! Even the number that shows on your caller id can easily be a fake number.
4. When you’re making online purchases make sure that the transaction is secure.
The website should have “https” in the URL and a small lock icon on the address bar and even with that the site can still be setting you up to overcharge or take advantage of it’s unsuspecting visitors.
You can check out the company or product online and read the reviews about the quality of the product and the supplier so that you can make sure that you’re not getting cheap junk or counterfeit products.
5. Be very cautious of any/every one that you deal with online because scammers and opportunists really are everywhere.
They use dating sites, Craigslist, all social media, forums and many other sites and avenues to reach their targets, or catch their fish each day.
If only they spent their time doing something honest that benefited society instead of lying, deceiving and stealing from unsuspecting people.
Beware because they can quickly make you feel comfortable and maybe even become a romantic or business partner.
Some people, unfortunately, have no conscience and it’s all part of their con to get into your wallet and bank account, credit card, etc. and make their living by stealing your and my money!
Being well informed and alert each day, making a habit of being alert and not paranoid but just watch for the warning signs that are common to potential scams in order to stop scans.
6. If someone contacts you unsolicited whether it’s over the phone or online through email or any of the social medias like Twitter, Facebook, etc., or even at your front door…
Never share your personal identifiable information. That would include things like banking and credit card information, social security number, your birth date, or insurance policy number.
7. Scammers will very often try to pressure you to act immediately or they’ll place a deadline or a sense of urgency on you to cut through your reasoning powers.
They do this so you don’t have time to talk with a trusted friend, family member or financial advisor. Beware.
Don’t be pressured to act immediately. High pressure sales tactics are also used in everyday businesses but it’s Always a good idea to walk away from the situation and think about it and ask for advise if you need it before making any decisions.
If the “opportunity” is lost another one will come around without the warning signs.
8. Make sure that you always use a secure traceable transaction when you pay for everything from goods, services, taxes and debts.
As mentioned earlier Don’t ever pay by a wire transfer, a prepaid money card, a gift card or any other non-traditional payment method.
Simply decide not to go for the cash only deals, the high upfront payments, the high pressure tactics, upsells or after sale must have additional products, overpayments and deals made without a contract. Stop scammers Always use a secure traceable transaction.
9. Always work with businesses that have proper identification…
and a license and insurance would be great if you were dealing with contractors at your home or office or someone working with your personal information.
You can always check them out and see reviews of what other customers have to say about them.
If there are no or only a couple few reviews ask yourself why…and why choose someone with few reviews when you can feel more secure with another that has many more positive reviews?
10. Be aware and cautious about what you post and share on all of the different social medias like Facebook and Instagram, etc.
Don’t get to cozy or friendly with anyone to quickly as many times you won’t see warning signs until after a while and if you’re already hooked you might have a hard time getting away with your finances still in your possession.
Scammers and fakes very often will get to know their targets by studying their social media pages and everything else they can find from your interactions online.
They can find a lot just by checking the different search engines or by running your name through a $50 software program.
I’ve heard of a few that have been victimized by someone pretending to be a relative or friend of the family, because they can find out so much about someone. That’s creepy!
Well there’s 10 Ways To Stop Scammers and Stop Scams
If you’re looking for a new career at any age,
>> Click on the FREE 10 Lesson link and see for yourself that there’s No Card Needed to sign up for 2 FREE websites + The FREE 10 Lesson Entrepreneur Certification Course-There’s nothing to lose and a lot to gain so sign up Now!
Wealthy Affiliate Review: $1600 Per Month From One Website With This Awesome Training!
Getting Started In Online Business – Video
Does Wealthy Affiliate Really Work?