Clickbank has been around for many years, founded in 1998, and is mainly focused on the sale of digital information products. The affiliate system is really simple and easy to use and they are a privately owned internet retailer of both physical and digital products. As a company they have over 6 million clients globally and is the 87th largest internet retailer in North America.
6 Steps To Succeed As An Affiliate
1. Start off by choosing your niche, preferably something you have some knowledge or interest in and already have a website devoted to. Build up a platform, preferably your own website, channel or social media pages that will gain you an audience.
It is preferable to have a website that is not relying on a third party and which cannot be taken away as easily as when you are on a site owned by someone else. You can then also route potential customers back to your website off various platforms such as YouTube, podcasts, Facebook etc. Your brand can be a personal or business brand. Once your site is up and running, you need to start growing your audience.
2. Identify your audience by getting an idea of who would be attracted to your site and what sort of things they need and what motivates them.
The language and words you use on your site needs to appeal to the specific clientele you are hoping to attract.
3. You have to build up a reputation and a unique approach in order to keep your readers coming back. Your content is your foundation and it needs to be good in order to bring people to your site. Build your audience first before you start to monetize your site.
You can use guest posts, link to resources that offer value to your clients, take part in forums and even face to face at conferences and events can all help grow your audience.
How do I get commissions?
4. Once you have an audience, you can start with promoting products which will help you gain an income. It is important that you offer your clients products that you know and believe in.
You can buy a copy or ask for a review copy to get a good idea of the product you want to offer your audience. Usually they show a page that explains the product, etc very well. If you make use of the product yourself and review from your own experience, it is more believable and also helps you gain trust from your audience.
You can list the items on your platform/website via banner ads, recommended pages, reviews including your links and various other ways. Choose what works on your website.
5. Once you are set up, you can go to the Marketplace on Clickbank and start looking for products you would like to promote on your page. Check out the stats section for each item to obtain information on what the vendor is prepared to pay for successful sales of their products, possible re-billing commission and more useful information with regards your potential earnings.
Once people use your hoplinks to purchase goods from the Clickbank marketplace, you begin earning commissions on completed sales. There are a few requirements that need to be met before commission is paid out such as payment threshold and customer distribution requirements.
How do I get paid?
6. Clickbank can either pay with a check mailed directly to you, or by a direct deposit into your company’s bank account.
There is a Customer Distribution Requirement
Clickbank withholds the payment of any balance, regardless of the amount totals, until your account shows that you have made 5 sales using at least two of these payment methods:
- American Express
- Carte Bleue
- European Direct Debit( ELV)
- Diners Club
This requirement is said to be in place to keep the affiliates from abusing the Clickbank Affiliate Program by using their accounts only to get special deals and discounts on their own purchases.
Personally I have a problem with that one. If I’m selling a $100 item and sell 4 of them, my payment is delayed until I sell a fifth one, simply because someone else might abuse the program? Why not just disallow the discount coupons and special deals for those that haven’t made 5 sales? Why withhold their commissions? That’s one of those warning signs that drive me away.
Now while you can’t have Clickbank direct deposit into your PayPal account (why?), you can use PayPal and your company’s bank account to access your company’s Clickbank payments through PayPal.
This Is My #1 Recommendation
How would you like to learn all about the online marketing world and all of it’s methods for earning income, Clickbank is only one of them? You could make up our own websites and use them as a platform for selling products of your own or affiliating or reaching the world with your message.
Step by step directions, easy to follow, over 800,000 others in this wonderful community with mentors and many very successful people dedicated to succeeding and helping others to succeed.
If you’re looking for a new career, or want to make a hobby site or non-profit, etc, the training is absolutely Free of charge to start, No Card Needed, and the income earnings really have no limit, the more that you apply yourself, the more income you can generate over time. Sign Up Now and See For Yourself – Get Started Now >>>